Sunday, April 28, 2013

Writer Lost

Last Seen Sitting at the Computer Typing Latest Masterpiece
Answers to the name Michele
Likes reading, writing, and Raviolis.
If found beware of dry sense of humor.

I am sure this is not new to any of you seasoned or even new writers and authors, but I am getting lost in the mess of things. I was going along and writing, and getting some great ideas on paper. Then, my other books sales are slowing to a halt, and I get distracted.

Here is what you might or might no know about what I have been up to:
  • Supposed to be writing my next big novel.
  • Connecting with other writers for blog guesting/hosting.
  • Reading books about writing.
  • Serving the Internet for writers.
  • When finding writers connecting to writers they know.
  • Filling up my Favorites with Author/Writer/ Agents Blogs.
  • Created a new folder in favorites titled Writer's Blogs.
  • Reorganized my favorites bars and put things in folders.
  • Thought about forums I should join.
  • Re-read my business plan for being a writer.
  • Found out I accomplished a lot on my plan- including Guest Blogging.
  • Created a spreadsheet to keep track of all my guesting and hosting of authors/writers.
  • Avoided the library of ebooks I could download on my Kindle.
  • Worked on adding some Widgets to my blog.
  • Found out I did not accomplish finishing this book by May (unless I do in the next 3 days).
  • I found out I am someones favorite on Smashwords!
  • I made $11.72 on Smashwords.
  • I have not written anything in 2 weeks.
  • Found out I can link to others blogs to my blogs by pushing a button on their blog; I am so using this.
So, on top of my day job, and family life, I have been a WRITER LOST.
I have found some cool writers to connect with and definitely felt validated and less alone. So that is one positive. I, also, looked into a lot of authors who are making anywhere between $2,500 - $10,000 a month on Indie Ebooks. I am not sure if it is encouraging or discouraging that they made that much.

Some (not all) of their books are not that top notch, but I guess it is all about giving the public what they want. Someone is interested in their books for them to make all that money.

I think I am looking for some sort of recipe, step-by-step, or magic beans to be successful as a writer. I feel like I am building a bridge on one side of land hoping there is land on the other side to connect it. Am I writing, and never going to make the money or achieve the success I desire. I guess, if there is not land on the other side, I can use it to launch hang-gliders.

Anybody else lose this focus, and get a little lost?


No comments:

Post a Comment