Thursday, May 23, 2013

Book Excerpt: Healing My Anxiety by Julia Bar

An excerpt from Healing My Anxiety:
 
I read that many people have their first panic attack come on suddenly, out of the blue.

It starts while they are watching TV, having a meal, or simply relaxing. In March 2002 I experienced some chest pain. Back then I lived in a small but prosperous country town in New South Wales with my de facto husband and my daughter from a previous marriage. I was 33 years old.

A moment in time: I am lying on a bed in the emergency department, staring at the ceiling and promising myself to change my lifestyle, to lose weight. I am scared, but hopeful. I have never had any serious health problems.

I tried, but I didn’t persist with my efforts. It was not only extra weight that I was carrying. I found that often before a significant medical issue comes up we get a warning of some sort. There is still time to do something, but often it is ignored or dismissed...

My life became a nightmare. I was getting sick as often as every 10 minutes...
 
Check out Healing My Anxiety by Julia Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment