Saturday, February 2, 2013

From Thailand to Japan


So a few weeks ago I finished Thailand's Sickest a book by Michael Fook. I am lucky that the beginning of January was a reading frenzy because this last week and a half I have not been able to find the time or the energy to read. I was pleasantly surprised to have enjoyed the book. I thought it was fairly well-written and kept me entertained eventhough it was outside the normal books I would read. There are more books by Fook, and I might even check them out after my trip.

MemoirsOfAGeisha.jpgI am now half-way through Japan. I am reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Authur Golden. I usually stray away from books that are held as famous and well-known, but out of desperation to find a free, ebook, Japan book I settled on this. I have not been disappointed thus far.

This book is different from the others because it seems to focus less on terrain, wilderness, travel and more on the personal life experiences. Don't get me wrong. It has not made me want to put on a kimono, or slap on a bunch of make-up. I have been drinking more tea lately though.

I hope in the next few days that I will be out of Japan and into China. Then the search begins of where to go from there because the pickings are slim to find a free ebook for places within a stones throw from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment