Saturday, February 2, 2013

Bucket of Tissues & Foggy Head


I have been sick the past week and due to not being able to concentrate, I have resorted to watching the boob-tube. I have come to the realization that there is a lot of (to say in technical jargon) CRAP out there. I am not sure if that encourages of discourages my voyage to be a great writer.
I have a lot of stories in me, and just have to work at getting them out there and in the right vehicle and dressed in the right outfits. Sometimes I feel as if I am in jeans and a t-shirt at a fancy wedding.

That being said, being sick gives me a new perspective and more momentum to appreciate things I take for granted. Things like walking to the fridge without gasping for air or feeling dizzy. The ability to form words and have complex thoughts. Yes, for about a week, I was stripped and naked from these abilities.

The biggest thing that this time with the bucket of tissues and a foggy head made me think about is that I do not want to lose my mind. I know there are  many people who have this goal, but what a horrible thing to lose ones mind. To not remember things, to make no sense, to not be able to communicate, would be horrible. It would be one of my worst nightmares.

One thing I always come out thinking after and injury or a sickness, is that my sick or injured days makes me appreciate my healthy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment