Friday, November 1, 2013

National Novel Writing Month

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)o was started in 1999 by Chris Baty. There were 21 participants that first year. In 2010 there were 200,500 participants. Article About NaNoWriMo

The goal is to write 50,000 words from November 1st to November 30th. The goal is to get people to write, and keep writing. The point is to get people to write unedited and to free themselves from worrying if it is any good.

There are several websites out there for NaNoWriMo one is http://nanowrimo.org
There is even a writing camp! Yes great for a Wilderness & Writer Gal. Writing Camp
 A link for Young People http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/
Some authors are giving away prizes as incentives Lindsay Buroker's Blog

I have heard a little bit about NaNoWriMo, but it was half-way through November before I would realize that I once again forgot. I am excited about the Writing Camp, and about getting hooked up with some sites.

I have a decision to make. I am currently in the middle of a book. If I finished it by writing 50,000 words would that count? I really like writing and wish to spend more time on it. We shall see how it goes. Ready, Set, Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment