For my First book Trail Swap I did not use an editor (initially) = Worse than Rookie Mistake
So, let's just say that I am learning and hopefully my writing is benefiting from this learning. My next full-book is called Love's Autograph. I took a different approach.
- I wrote the book in approximately three months. Trail Swap was a 10 year effort.
- I used an outline.
- I took a break from it before proof reading it.
- I used a format of trying to create some tension and conflict to make it interesting.
- I stepped out of my comfort zone and wrote a romance novel.
- I am using an editor from the beginning. I am still not using a professional editor yet. Just a grammar/spelling freak.
- I am using Beta Readers.
- I am putting my sites on ebook publishing and print from the beginning.
- I am thinking about marketing from the beginning.
What have you learned since your first published book?
What have you changed in your writing process?