Friday, November 22, 2013

Learning Through the Writing Process

My first book Trail Swap I did not use any Beta Readers = Rookie Mistake
For my First book Trail Swap I did not use an editor (initially) = Worse than Rookie Mistake

So, let's just say that I am learning and hopefully my writing is benefiting from this learning. My next full-book is called Love's Autograph. I took a different approach.

  • I wrote the book in approximately three months.  Trail Swap was a 10 year effort.
  • I used an outline.
  • I took a break from it before proof reading it.
  • I used a format of trying to create some tension and conflict to make it interesting.
  • I stepped out of my comfort zone and wrote a romance novel.
  • I am using an editor from the beginning. I am still not using a professional editor yet. Just a grammar/spelling freak.
  • I am using Beta Readers.
  • I am putting my sites on ebook publishing and print from the beginning.
  • I am thinking about marketing from the beginning.
These are all changes that I think will result in a better more polished, better selling book, overall better quality book.

What have you learned since your first published book?
What have you changed in your writing process?


No comments:

Post a Comment