Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tantrums

I am not talking about a kids tantrum. I have, however, been in the middle or have had to try to de-escalate these. I am talking about your own tantrums. Actually, I am talking about my tantrums. This is an embarrassing to write about but the fact that I did not get caught having the tatrum maybe sharing this might shed some light for you.
Maybe, possibly, you will identify with it. For a long time, months actually, I have been highly stressed. No matter how hard or long I work I am behind on my work at home. I am so exhausted when I get home that I can't get the things I want to get done or need to get done. Things like dishes, laundry cleaning... no don't worry this is not turning into a domestic blog (not that there is anything wrong with them but this isn't one of those). Then I am not able to do the things I want to do . . . spend time with my family, with my writing, hobbies, etc.
Back to the tantrum, I mean a full-out kick your shoes across the room, throw chairs, bang tables, swearing. . . yes minus the 6-shooters it was like Yosemite Sam.
I was out of control. I think if I had the chance in that moment, I could have jumped in a ring and beat the $%^# out of anybody that stepped-in. No, I am not on steroids.
I lost it. Somehow, within 20-30 minutes I came down from this rage and was able to compose myself and limp through the rest of my day (bc I only could find one of the shoes I kicked off).
But seriously, adult tantrums, they happen and they are scary, and I am still stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment