Monday, November 26, 2012

Dos

Book number two hit Smashwords & Amazon yesterday. In one day 29 books were downloaded. The new book, Off-Trail: Trail Swap is a Spin-Off of Trail Swap.
SPIN-OFF: to derive a new product, material, or service from something that already exists, or be derived in this way.
Do you remember Spin-Offs? I do. Television is not what it used to be. (Yes, I just sounded 80 years old.) Some spin-offs are the following:

All in the Family's - Maude, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Archie Bunker's Place, Gloria
Alice - Flo
Cheers - Frasier (how they picked that character to follow not sure)
Cosby Show  -  A Different World
Different Strokes= The Facts of Life, Brian & Sylvia, The Academy, Peekskill Law,
                                More Facts of Life
What's Happening - (very cleverly titled) What's Happening Now

I went on a tangent. . . so spin-off. Off-Trail is not as exciting as all those spin-offs above. Listening all those makes me want to go back to the 70's & 80's. I, however, am very excited at the prospect of Off-Trail bringing some more traffic to my first book Trail Swap. My sales for Trail Swap spikes some last night after I published Off-Trail. It's FREE on Smashwords. Click on the book to the right to follow it to the Smashwords site. Enjoy, and don't forget to leave some feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment