Sunday, April 20, 2014

"Perfect" J.C. Mells


I am convinced that author J.C. Mells titled her book Perfect so that fans, reviewers and bloggers could refer to J.C. Mells as perfect. (I guess it could backfire and reviewers could say "far from perfect"). I, for one, would say she is close to perfect.

Author J.C. Mells has thankfully agreed to another interview on Writer & Wilderness Girl Under it All blog. Available here Perfect on Amazon.  After the interview check-out Mells' new look on her website. It is complete with pictures of many of the characters in her book.

As I have written in this blog before, I was lucky to somehow stumble upon Pierced on Amazon or Smashwords and I am hooked! It is not my regular read, but her books now frequent my Kindle.

Tell us about PERFECT- what makes it a must read? (no spoilers I still have to read it)
 PERFECT is a must read especially for fans of the Paranormal Romance genre who have been sticking with the series from the beginning.  Book 1 had very little of the paranormal and no romance.  Book 2 had a bit more paranormal and just hinted at romance.  PERFECT is the “pay-off!”

What kind of feedback or reaction have you been getting from the Pierced Series?
 The feedback has been super positive.  It appears that just about everyone who reads the series really enjoys it.  It’s the getting-people-to-read-it part that is proving challenging!  That's just part and parcel of life as an Indie author though!

What is next for your writing? And for the Pierced Series?
 I am currently working on a novella in the Pierced Series world, featuring one of the peripheral characters, Napoleon.  It will be my first venture into writing M/M Romance and as of right now I’m keeping it YA – but that may or may not change!  After that I have plans to write some Contemporary Romances (I have two in my head at the moment that I’m itching to get to!)
 Wow- I can't wait to read that!

How would you describe your writing journey? How did you get started? What have you learned?
 My writing journey has been a little up and down.  I’m trying to find that balance between working (I’m not yet making enough from the books to pay all the bills…yet!) and finding time to write.  I’ve also learned that it doesn’t come easily to me.  There are some days I can sit and write 10 thousand words (I wrote PERFECT in 3 weeks!) and there are entire weeks I can’t write anything.  I guess I’ve discovered I’m more temperamental than I ever thought I was!


What is your inspiration for your characters and plot?
 I write about things I want to read.  I’m an avid, almost obsessive, reader and I devoured Paranormal Romances for a year or so – so that is what I wrote first.  Now I’m reading Contemporary Romances and will tackle that genre next.  It might sound crazy but I start a book with just a scene or two in my head – then many plot details come to me as I write.  I don’t plot out the entire book before I write, which I assume is more traditional?  The “rave” scene in PERFECT was all I had before I sat down to write it.  I had that scene in my head before I even started PIERCED (Book 1).  Took me a while to get to it – but I think it was worth it in the end!
I agree. I don't do an outline first. It gets me in trouble sometimes. Most times it takes me places I never would have been able to go with an outline.

What do you like most about writing?
 The freedom to create your own little movies in your head and on the page.  I was a Cinema Studies major in college; hence the many film references in the series!

Anything else you would like to add?
Just to say thank you for all your support over the last year since I first published the first book in the Pierced Series.  Also, big congrats to you and your success with Love’s Autograph!  I’m looking forward to reading it!
Thank you for YOUR support!

Check-out the whole Pierced Series. You will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect! http://Madibrown.com

    ReplyDelete