So, I am searching for Beta Readers. In this search, I scoured a few dozen websites and blogs looking for suggestions on how to find them, and to see why they are important.
Here is what I found as far as how to find Beta Readers:
(Why they are important will have to be in another post)
- Join a Writing Group. Not sure why that seems so not enticing to me. I guess because I don't want to deal with personalities, and pleasantries.
- Go to Writing Conferences. That is a way to network, and I would like to go to one soon, but have to AGAIN research the best ones to go to, and then see if I can afford it.
- Advertise on your blog that you need/want Beta Readers.
- Writer Blogs
- Websites & Forums.
- World Literary Cafe
- Ladies Who Critique
- Passion & Perfection
- Golden Crown Literary Society ($20 year membership fee)
- Lesbian Fiction Forum
- Absolute Write
- Indie Unlimited
- The Anthenaeum
- Rainbow Romance Writers (seems really good but had to join RWA for $95 then RRW for $25)
- My Writer's Circle
- Writer's Digest
Do you have Beta Readers? Where did you find them? How many do you use?