This brought me to think about my own writing journey.
- Perfect Practice. I am a firm believer that perfect practice makes perfect. In regards to any new skill, practice alone does not make you good. You can paint a hundred rooms, shoot a hundred baskets but still not be doing it right. You could be just reinforcing a bad habit.
- Experience. I have had less than two years concentrating on writing to be published. I have finished five manuscripts.
- Learning. I have been networking with writers, reading blogs and reading books.
- Beta Readers. A new addition to my writing process is beta readers. I got lucky and have a handful of good ones. They added heavily to my transformation of Love's Autograph.
- WriteWay. Using a new writing tool that is an invention of the writing goddesses. I can move easily around in my novel and it can be read back to me. It keeps me organized.
I am going to keep writing, using my tools, utilizing beta readers and search for a mentor and/or coach.